Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wright Brother gifts

Imagine having chocolate tarts and Singapore cocktails at 38000 feet from the ground.

Just one week before the successful flight of the Kitty Hawk by the Wright brothers, Comment in the New York were:
"...We hope that Professor Langley will not put his substantial greatness as a scientist in further peril by continuing to waste his time and the money involved, in further airship experiments. Life is short, and he is capable of services to humanity incomparably greater than can be expected to result from trying to fly....For students and investigators of the Langley type there are more useful employments."
Source: New York Times, December 10,1903, editorial page

Improvisation is child game for today’s human, who changed the small flying machine to huge massive flying dream machine . Who could have imagined a day flying with 800 odd people @ 930 km/hr speed. Even when the ambient temperature is -35 C you are as comfortable as being in best spring season.

Oh I feel like god when I can see the day and night at the same time.. I have never seen a time machine, I just feel that this machine can take to place 14,000 km away ,and on the day which I have already spent. Going to back to past and future by 1 day in Trip!!!!!!!! Not bad at all.

I remember having a paper in my engineering days, which was Jet propulsion and gas dynamics . No mech engineer would have loved thermal papers, imagine a paper with Fluid dynamics and thermal concepts combined. Oh what a horrible situation was that. But now I wish I could have been one of the engineers who are working on the improvisation of the amazing machine.

The funny part is this machine is also be used for bringing couple of building down, drop 1000 of bombs, fly at mach 5 speed, remain still on air .

Flying over crowded traffic of Mumbai, leaping pacific , missing Chicago sky scrappers, escaping lighting, then Landing in other of part of world is fun . Now around the globe doesn’t need 80 days.

No comments: