Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dollar Magic

If going to US is craze in our country, having a dollar is also equally crazy.
This happened on a day I was coming to USA. As usual I was not done with any of my packing and other stuffs even just hours before my travel. I decided that I will finish all my outside work and then can do my packing.

I went to Thomas Cook to got some dollars and then was going to make a photocopy. Since it was a weekend I thought I will take a main road as ,I expected it would be empty. But I managed to find a traffic police at the end of the road.

Police : Where is your helmet
Me : I forgot to wear it today
police: Pay a fine of Rs 300
me : Get me the ticket
Police : If you don’t want to pay 300 , Give me 100
Me : No I will pay 300 get me the ticket (To show that I not going to give easily)

He then wanted to show his authority asked me for a license. I tried to pick my license from the wallet . He saw dollars in my wallet

Police:" Give me dollar "
Me : Why should I give you
Police : Just for keeping in the wallet
Me : Oh is it. Then it’s fine I will give you
Me: If I give me will you allow me to go
Police : Sure
Me: here You go

I was then let to go. I thought wow I saved at least 55 Rs. Wow it’s what is called dollar magic.

No comments: