An old man without food and shelter showed me what really it means to believe in god.
We were in zoo enjoying the day with some school kids. We took them to a one-day outing to show the zoo. Of course the day was fantastic, we orders food for round about 250 people along with kids. At the end of the day we were left out of some food. The quantity was fair enough to serve 20 people. So me and my friend decided to walk around to find some people whom we can give.
This was Ramadan period. The Ramadan has just been started, we asked an auto driver where we can give. He took us to near by mosque where so many people were sitting in the entrance. We started giving food packets to the people.
There was pretty old man who came and asked whether he can get couple of packets. We were infact happy to give. The old man took the food and started to pack in a cover he had. I was wondering what he is doing. He didn’t even open the food packet we gave he just packaged it again.
Then I realized that I am standing in front of a mosque at Ramadan time. The man without food shelter still keeps fasting during the period. In spite of being served with good food he still waits for the fast to get over.
Though he doesn’t have anything still he keeps the faith in god. I just looked at myself, do I keep this much faith in god ? or how true I am to god ? the question still goes around my mind.
I was just looking at the old man walking away from me. I could just say him that he got an admirer, and say thanks to god for arranging the meeting.
1 comment:
he would have been a very stonch muslim man.. muslims are very very particular about their fasting during this time and going to mosque every friday.. I have always wondered from where they get so much of devotion to their God that neither do they miss going to the Mosque every friday nor do they miss their timely prayers.. hates off to that !!
Post a Comment