I never heard of broccoli’s beef or a vegetarian chicken. one of my friend Cynthia and Her husband LAI took me to a Chinese restaurant named “golden era”. Since I am pure vegetarian I always had very little option to eat. Golden era had a big list of items, when I started reading the menu I found every thing ended like beef, Chicken, Fish. But they were not real chicken or fish they were imitati. They were made up with Tofu or other vegetarian item. Tofu is foreign substitute for Panner. They have made up of Soya
Cynthia and Lai had a hard time explaining me the dishes. Finally we decided to have a Fish and Chicken with rice. The restaurant was playing a Chinese soundtrack in the background .A lady in her Chinese gown arrived with some plastic mat kind of thing in her hand and warm water in a bowl. She kept the fish; it was exactly looking same as real fish. I initially thought of the mat are for placing the bowls. For my surprise she took the mat and dipped in the warm water. The mat was made of rice and it became soft. She then kept the mat in the plate, using chopsticks she took some cucumber,onions,and carrot and placed in the mat. She then took a piece of fish and placed in mat. Then I rolled that and ate. Hmm…….. Yummy it was amazing,
I always fancied of having rice in chopsticks, It was really hard. Cynthia and Lai tried their best to make me eat with chopsticks; I managed to eat some but later took spoon and forceps to compete. That was definitely one of the best lunch i had. end of the day was perfect with the Chinese noodles and Chinese tea.
Defiantly you should try vegetating chicken, fish, and beef. One of the place you can get in SFO is .
Golden era 1
832, Clement Street,
San Francisco,
415-668-4888
I always fancied of having rice in chopsticks, It was really hard. Cynthia and Lai tried their best to make me eat with chopsticks; I managed to eat some but later took spoon and forceps to compete. That was definitely one of the best lunch i had. end of the day was perfect with the Chinese noodles and Chinese tea.
Defiantly you should try vegetating chicken, fish, and beef. One of the place you can get in SFO is .
Golden era 1
832, Clement Street,
San Francisco,
415-668-4888
No comments:
Post a Comment